President’s Remarks: Welcome to our first Zoom meeting! Stay safe, stay healthy.
18 members present
1. Quarterly Charity~ Sticking with the Humane Society.
2. Wire/Cords~ Keep the cords coming! Don’t forget about little pieces of scrap. Tin Man scrap is closed, but GLR bought Transcore and they are open.
3. Baby Bottle Challenge~ Lynda’s team is the Jimmy’s Tiny Pirates. Jane’s is Beach Babes. The Ennis Center for Children will be the recipient of the money.
4. Bob’s Plastics~Bob H is collecting all things plastic. Hard caps, plastic grocery bags, prescription bottles, etc. Prescription bottles need to have lids on and labels off.
5. Tab Collection is going strong. We are going to split our tabs between Mid Michigan and Detroit Ronald McDonald houses. Keep bringing those in and thank you very much! Jim is driving to Lansing this weekend to deliver tabs. Detroit club is also. They are in desperate need.
Treasurer’s Report~ We have money and the checkbook balances! Balance of
$6526.50. This should increase with all of the dues money coming in!
Blood Drives~” To support social distancing, appointments are now required. With thousands of blood drives cancelled during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are working hard to open new donation sites. If you don’t see available appointments near you in the near future, please search 7-10 days out. The need for blood is constant - patients need your help.” Only ones listed are not until June and that's iffy. They need to call or go online for an appointment at this time.
Remind~ New text to 81010 Make the message @4dkgde Send
Home Helping ~ Cancelled for this year. :-(
Bowling Event~ Postponed for now, NOT cancelled.
Yard Sale~ With all of the extra time at home, many of us are cleaning, organizing, and purging. Set aside your good junque. If items are boxed, they can be given to Jim any time. Dates are the 15th and 16th of August.
Membership Renewal~ Checks for renewal should be mailed to Deb O..
91 N. Flower
Croswell, MI 48422
Putt-n-4 Paws~ Postponed for now. NOT cancelled.
Humane Society~ Saving the baskets they made for our bowling phundraiser.
They are collecting returnables to make up for all of the fundraisers they have
had to cancel. Leave your empties behind their building on Lapeer Road.
Additional news and updates~
PHOTSC~ The Duc Cruise is cancelled for this summer.It may happen in the
Fall. Lee informed us that next year’s cruise will have some twists!
Tires and Treads~ No report
May Pheeding Phrenzy~ Cancelled for this month. Jim and Karen may be able
To pish their annual party to July or August.
Shooting Group steak dinner~ Postponed
Christmas Party~ Bob H. Connor Street Pub $14.00 per meal. 2 meats, salad, veggies. More details to come. December 19. Cash bar. Non alcoholic beverages are included in the meal price. Friends and family are invited.
Highway clean up dates~ Meet at the Park n Ride at 9:45.
Donuts are provided. July 19 and Sept. 27
Donation~ Candi Sheila LaCroix has been diagnosed with Non Hodgkins
Lymphoma. She has always donated to the club. Candi motioned for a $250.
Donation. Pretty much everyone seconded, but I will pick Ken N. for the record.
Scholarship Fund~ One person applied. Jim will have 2 members read it. We
Will talk about it at the next meeting.
Birthdays: Chris Haywood May 10, Lynda Caryl May 12, Casey Ross May 19, Candi Lozowski May 25, Suzy Case May 28
Meeting closed by birthday phlocker Candi~ Team drink!