Blue Water Parrot Head Club
Meeting Minutes 6/9/20
President’s Remarks: WELCOME BACK TO THE LYNWOOD BAR!
22 members present
50/50 Raffle~Need to be in it to win it! 50/50 won by Karen R. Coconuts won
by Shelly P. and Suzy H.
Merchandise~ We have merchandise! T-shirts are $20. XXL $23
Sweatshirts are$30. XXL $33 Hats are $10, and license plate holders are $1.00
1. Quarterly Charity~ Hunter Hospitality House Hygiene items, grocery gift cards, Pledge, bottled water. Check their website for the complete list.
2. Wire/Cords~ Keep the cords coming! Don’t forget about little pieces of scrap.
3. Baby Bottle Challenge~ Will be over at July’s meeting
4. Bob’s Plastics~Bob H is collecting all things plastic. Hard caps, plastic grocery bags, prescription bottles, etc. Prescription bottles need to have lids on and labels off.
5. Tab Collection is going strong. We are going to split our tabs between Mid Michigan and Detroit Ronald McDonald houses. Keep bringing those in and thank you very much! We are now in the multi-million tab club!!
Treasurer’s Report~ We have money and the checkbook balances! Balance of
Blood Drives~ Monday, June 15, Sacred Heart Church Yale 11:00-5:00, Tuesday, June 16, Croswell Community Center 12:30 PM - 06:15 PM, Wednesday, July 1,
Lake Huron Medical Center 10:00 AM - 04:00 PM, Monday, July 27, CMH 10:00-4:00
Register online and you will receive a $5 Amazon gift card as a thanks.
Remind~ New text to 81010 Make the message @4dkgde Send
Bowling Event~ Pauline Date to be determined. NOT cancelled, just postponed.
Yard Sale~ Set aside your good junque. If items are boxed, they can be given to Jim any time. Dates are the 15th and 16th of August. We will be setting up on M25 where we set up last year. We need more stuff!
Membership Renewal~ It’s not too late! Checks for renewal should be mailed to Deb O.
91 N. Flower
Croswell, MI 48422
Putt-n-4 Paws~ Starting to open up. Hopefully, the end of July. Should know by the next meeting. We will work it the same way as last year.
Jim H. Parade Guru~ The float looks lovely and is sitting in a pole barn safe and
Jim H. received a request from Bonnie Burns for a donation to a friend whose
husband died suddenly. Jim moved to donate $250, Steve seconded. Passed
Additional news and updates~
PHOTSC~ No report
Tires and Treads~ Nothing going yet, but they have been doing alot of birthday
Pheeding Phrenzy~ Tim and Suzy Horan graciously volunteered to host it on
June 27. 6040 S. Birch Hill Drive Smiths Creek 48074 Crossroads are Ditty and
and Griswold. BYO chair, drink, and dish to pass. Begins at 4:00.
Shooting Group steak dinner~ Has been cancelled.
Scholarship Fund~ $500 is awarded to Curtis Howard grandson of Jim and
Donna Howard. Congrats Curtis! Next scholarship will open Jan.1, 2021
Harbor Beach Women’s Life~Bob H. was a big winner!
Road Clean up~ Scheduled for July 19. We will wait and see if it still happens.
Cornhole~ Steve and Bill bought a game they will bring to all of our parties
Sheila LaCroix~ Is doing well and on round 4 of chemo. Steve, Bill and Candi
delivered the check to Mitch Kuffa, the manager of the Murphy Inn where the
fundraiser was held.
Birthdays: Connie Headlee June 4, Sue Zappa June 5, Sheri McColman June 21
Meeting closed by birthday phlocker Connie~ Team drink!